Galentine's girls' day out
Valentine’s Day isn’t just about romance. Celebrate the best ladies in your life this Galentine’s Day! Whether you’re loved up, a single pringle or simply just want to spend a fun filled day out with your friends, then consider celebrating this alternative with our gal’s day out!
What better way to start a gal’s day than with brunch! Treat yourselves to an insta-worthy scrumptious biscoff pancake stack or shakshuka at Emu Hall or delectable chicken parmi or steak sandwich at Cassandra’s on the Park (pooches always welcome!) Can’t get enough brunch? Check out Penrith’s full range of brunch options here.
We recommend booking any cafés/restaurants ahead of time.
2. Penrith Regional Gallery
The Penrith Regional Gallery & Lewers Bequest is set in the beautiful heritage gardens in Emu Plains, alongside the Nepean River. Take your time exploring the dynamic range of exhibitions and taking in the beautiful, serene surroundings. Current exhibitions include:
- Pattern and Print: Easton Pearson Archive – a celebration of the internationally acclaimed Brisbane fashion house Easton Pearson.
- A Tangled BANK – Bringing together contemporary artists who draw on organic materials.
Within the grounds is Café at Lewers, open for breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon tea.
3. Retail therapy
It wouldn’t be a girls' day out without a little bit of retail therapy! Stroll through the local shops along High Street or head to Penrith Westfield to get your shopping fix. Now is also the perfect time for a cheeky afternoon treat! Try out some new flavours at Gelato Messina or indulge in some sweet chocolate at San Churro!
4. Dinner & drinks
Finish off the best day ever with dinner and drinks! There’s plenty to choose from at the Nepean River Restaurants, with flavours from around the world. Try out Goji Bar – modern Asian cuisine, bringing a fusion of exotic flavours from across Asia to the beautiful atmosphere of the Nepean River. Not to mention their delicious-looking drinks menu... did somebody say apple crumble cocktails? Yes, please!
Check out all the dining options in Penrith here.
We recommend booking any restaurants ahead of time.
5. Galentine's Day memories
There are plenty of great Galentine’s Day themed activities happening in Penrith if you are after a more unique experience to share with your gal pals.
- Penrith Panthers are hosting Chick Flicks Trivia session on Thursday 10 February 2022, and a Galentine’s Day Cocktail Masterclass on Sunday 13 February 2022.
- Celebrate Galentine’s Day at Checho’s with a Paint and Sip Fiesta by Pinot and Picasso on Sunday 13 February.
- Grab those adventure seeking friends of yours as Ladies ride FREE from 11am – 7pm on 11 February 2022 at Cables Wake Park.
Bookings essential for all Galentine’s Day sessions listed.