Top 10 things to do in Penrith
- Written by Adam Gatt Penrith City Council (02) 4732 7777 (02) 4732 7958 firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.penrithcity.nsw.gov.au 601 High St Penrith NSW 2750 Australia
Whether you’re a family looking for fun, a couple looking to explore somewhere new together, an adrenaline junkie looking for a challenge or a group of friends wanting to enjoy the great outdoors...
Penrith has something to offer the adventurer in everyone.
- Penrith Whitewater Stadium: The only man-made white-water course in the Southern Hemisphere was built to host the canoe and kayak slalom competitions in the Sydney 2000 Olympics. Offering guided and unguided rafting and kayaking, this is a great activity for friends, work colleagues or sporting groups.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving: You don’t need to jump out of a plane to experience the thrill and excitement of skydiving. iFLY Indoor Skydiving is safe for kids, and a realistic skydiving experience for anyone wanting to challenge themselves.
- Jetpack Adventures: Flying as much as ten metres above the water is no longer the stuff of dreams. At Jetpack Adventures you can make like James Bond and fly across the water with a jetpack or flyboard.
- Sun Masamune (Sake Brewery): Penrith is home to the only sake brewery in Australia. Visitors can tour the factory, taste the sake and purchase something from the cellar door. Try out their beautiful skincare range which includes soaps and moisturises.
- The Nepean River: You can explore the Nepean River by boat, canoe or jet ski or by foot and observe the amazing wildlife along the way. You can also take a guided fishing tour or eco tour of the Nepean River with an experienced local guide.
- Cables Wake Park: If you want to have fun and don’t mind getting wet, try cable skiing, wakeboarding and knee boarding at this world-class facility. Kids aged 6 and over will enjoy the inflatable Aqua Park which has slides, trampolines and obstacles to climb. There’s also a playground and splash pad for toddlers!
- Museum of Fire: Explore the drama and danger of fire and firefighting, and learn about the history of fighting fires at the largest museum of its kind in Australia. The kids will be enthralled by the collection of firetrucks and can experience first-hand what it’s like to fight fires!
- Penrith Regional Gallery & Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre : The Gallery presents a dynamic mix of exhibitions and workshops, and has a café set in heritage gardens which serves breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. The Joan (as it’s affectionately known to locals) has a 660-seat concert hall or 380-seat drama theatre for world-class performances in music, theatre and dance.
- Luddenham Raceway : Go-karting is a thrill the whole family can enjoy. Kids can race around the rookie track, while adults can put their pedal to the metal on the thrilling pro-circuit. The new outdoor paintball facility features four expansive and themed fields, and state of the art paintball guns and equipment.
- Skypeak Adventures: If climbing, swinging, jumping, soaring or free-falling from great heights sparks your interest - then this is the perfect place for you to hang out. This aerial playground has been custom built around an impressive centrepiece, a 28-metre tall Red River Gum tree. There’s five courses to choose from and up to 100 different challenges to explore at thrilling heights, your adventure can be as easy or hard as you like.